iPhone is Real…Macworld Keynote Live
Gigaom has an excellent coverage of the Keynote speech at Macworld, and the announcement of iphone. Here is a pointwise excerpt:
- Dropping Computer from company name, now just APPLE
- Will try and sell 10 million in 2008. 1% market share in the mobile phone business.
- Multiyear agreement exclusive with Cingular
- Shipping exclusively on Cingular in the US
- Available in June 2007
- $499 for 4GB model, $599 for 8GB
- 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone. Now getting to pricing finally.
- 5 hours battery life, 16 hours audio playback.
- Google Maps, search built into the device. Jerry Yang does a cameo too, Yahoo providing free push IMAP email accounts for all iPhone customers.
- they’ve been working on this for 2.5 years
- wifi and bluetooth,quadband gsm + edge
- has random access voicemail
- runs on osx
- the thing is one giant screen
- revolutionary interface. motorola q, black berry, treo, nokia e62 … every program wants its own buttons and controls, but they can’t change… we solved it in computers 20 years ago with bitmap screen and pointing device, mouse. getting rid of all buttons
- the place is going wild.
- iPhone is announced. it’s called the iphone
- 2 billion songs sold on iTunes. 5 million a day
See also this slideshow at flickr.