Ebay India sales statistics
E-commerce in India is currently worth Rs 2,300 crore. According to a survey, while there are a number of players in the online marketplace, eBay India is the most preferred website to shop online with 42 per cent (out of 12,700 people) people voting for eBay. Other players to follow are Rediff (23 per cent), Indiatimes (18 per cent), Yahoo (3 per cent), Fabmall (3 per cent), Sify (3 per cent), Google (1 per cent) and MSN (1 per cent).
On ebay.in :
- One MP3 player sells every 17 minutes
- Mobile accessories sell every 18 minutes (data cables, headsets and hands free kits)
- PC game selling every 32 minutes (GTA and FIFA 2006 are the most searched)
- Digital camera every 40 minutes (digital SLR cameras are showing significant growth. Digital cameras also outsell film cameras by 8 to1, most digital cameras sold are in the 5-7 MP range.)
- Laptop sells every 56 minutes (Compaq and Dell are the most popular laptop brands)
- A camcorder sells every 2 hours.
- Handhelds and PDAs every 3 hours (O2 and I-mate being top selling brands)
- DVD player every 5 hours