Kleiner Perkins investment criterias for software startups: Consumer ? Enterprise ? Both!
KP's Ajit Nazre mentioned (in a panel at TiECon East) the 7 rules that enterprise software startups must meet in order to be considered for an investment:
- Instant Value to customers - solve a problem or create value with the first use
- Viral adoption - Pull, not push. No direct sales force required
- Minimum IT footprint, preferably none. Hosted SaaS is best.
- Simple, intuitive user experience - no training required.
- Personalized user experience - customizable
- Easy configuration based on application or usage templates
- Context aware - adjust to location, groups, preferences, devices, etc.
Tags: startup, funding, software, entrepreneur, venture, businessmodels