Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ning is Cool!

Ning is Cool, but ... has some bugs.

They have made an excellent UI, fully features, perhaps too much for a starter, but great set of features. Sigining up is easy, setting up a social network is easy. I setup one myself (http://rocknmetal.ning.com/). Ning did go down for several hours yesterday, so I have interrupted while I was entering data. Ning remembered my settings :-)

I got a couple of errors when I tested it with FF 2.0.0.2 today:
on page http://rocknmetal.ning.com/main/admin/appProfile
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /apps/9/04D/04F/socialnetworkmain/widgets/index/controllers/AdminController.php on line 72

I logged in to change my network settings in FF, and got a somewhat weird screen, with text overlapping ads. I have posted this screen here (I have blurred part of the text). Also on FF, there was no submit button at the end of the settings page, so I shifted to IE7.

One suggestion to Ning team will be to go little slow on placing Ads; give the site some time to let networks do contextual analysis on the page.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home