Friday, June 13, 2008

Selling a Used Car in India - eBay.in, CarWale.com, Kijiji.in compared

I put my car-ad on eBay.in (http://motors.ebay.in/), CarWale.com and Kijiji (http://www.kijiji.in/).

The good news is that I could sell my car in less than 2 weeks after putting the ad, so I am happy.

Here is a short review of the sites:

eBay.in has a very cool interface, trusted site, many cars are sold every hour on eBay.in .I had a small issue with updating my classified-ad, and their support emailed me within a few hours. That's great support. They charge only Rs. 30 for placing a classified ad.

CarWale.com also has a great interface. The best thing I liked about CarWale.com is that whenever there is a new lead, CarWale.com would send me an SMS on my mobile telling me the name and the phone number of the person interested – that comes in extremely handy, since I can call the person immediately, and don’t have to get online to see the person’s mobile number. The second best thing about CarWale.com is that when I started to fill in the expected price of the car, they showed a nice popup suggesting me the resale-value of this car for that year, etc. That was really cool. Though the prices were approximately 20% inflated, so it initially raised my expectations a lot about the resale value. They charged me Rs. 500 for putting the ad.

Kijiji.in is cool too. Interface is cool; they sent me 2 emails on new leads – the prices were pathetically low. I never visited their web-page to find out. Kijiji hasn’t charged me any money so far for putting the ad.

CarWale.com generated the most number of leads (6), followed by eBay.in (4), followed by Kijiji.in (1).

I sold my car last week. Overall, I had a great experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tufail Khan said...

So finally you sold your car through which portal?

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great comparison. I use kijiji a lot mostly to buy stuff. I also use khrido.com in Bangalore for good deals.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool post! and thought to post my views too regarding the same. Gaadi also provides the features like SMS to your mobile. It gives the fastest result, I had ever seen & heared for eg. If I need car loans, it gives instant call back from the car finance company may be you can say within half an hour (this feature I have never seen in any of the other site). I just bought maruti alto and its working fine from last 3-4 weeks.
For user who dont know site of Gaadi: http://www.gaadi.com

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home